Irish Postgraduate Criminology Conference 2017
Cork Road Campus, Waterford City
Waterford Institute of Technology
Thursday 23rd February 2017
Building on the success of the past two years in Dublin and Belfast, the Irish Postgraduate Criminology Conference will return in 2017 for its third annual conference. This year the conference will be held in Waterford Institute of Technology on Thursday, the 23rd February 2017. The theme of the conference is open and proposals for papers covering all areas of criminological research are welcome. The main aim of this conference is to provide masters and doctoral students with the opportunity to share their research in a friendly and supportive environment. With this in mind, two presentation formats are available.
- Conference paper: these will be allocated to thematic sessions and each presenter will be given 15 minutes to present.
- “Works in Progress” paper: we will hold a session entitled “Works in Progress” where students in the early stages of their research, or those who are experiencing challenges with one particular aspect of it, can present a 3 minute presentation and receive feedback on their work from an expert panel. Among others, areas that might be covered in this panel include:
– The focus of your research question
– Your theoretical framework
– What methodology you plan to use
– How you plan to analyse your data
Submission of Proposals
If you would like your paper to be considered for the conference, please complete the conference application form [click here] by the 30th November 2016.
You can register for the conference here [click here]. This conference is FREE and has kindly been sponsored by the School of Humanities at Waterford institute of Technology.
Book of Proceedings
The conference organisers are interested in publishing a book of proceedings from this conference. You will be asked to indicate your interest in contributing to the book in the conference application. Please keep an eye on the website for further updates.
If you require further information or have any queries regarding the Irish Postgraduate Criminology Conference 2017, please see the conference website: IPGCC2017.wordpress.com or email IPGCC2017@gmail.com